The Fiddle Orchestra of Western Massachusetts is an amateur orchestra made up mostly of fiddle players but also players of other instruments.
- Not for profit
- Professionally facilitated and conducted
- Focus on learning
- Focus on achieving a cohesive sound and cohesive spirit
- Strive to play without sheet music at our concerts with the caveat that “by ear” is not suitable for everyone for a variety of reasons
- All members respect and help cultivate the FOWM culture
- Inclusiveness – We welcome, respect, and show kindness and friendliness to anyone who joins FOWM regardless of their musical skill and background, gender, sexual orientation, age, race or ethnicity, culture, geographic location, etc.
- Supportiveness – We help each other grow musically by playing together and through respectful, positive, open conversation and problem solving. All of us, from beginners to professional musicians, are learners.
- Open-mindedness – We are open to playing and trying different kinds of music and participating in different orchestral roles as presented to us by our Director.
- Sharing – We welcome appropriate ways to share with the community, such as by putting on an end-of-season concert, playing at community events, and allowing visitors to observe our practice sessions.
Join us! We can’t wait to play with you!