Three seasons per year
- Fall: September through November (10 weekly rehearsals plus a concert) – the 2018 season runs from September 6 through November 15
- Spring: January through March (10 weekly rehearsals plus a concert)
- Summer: May through July, informal friendly Thursday night sessions (no concert)
- Concerts: Following conclusion of fall and spring seasons. No admission tickets. Donations only. Refreshments following.
Orchestra members rehearse at the Northampton Senior Center, 67 Conz Street, Northampton (free and ample parking). Summer Sessions are in the same space.
Fall and Spring Season Format
- Our conductors, David Kaynor and Annika Amstutz each lead about half of the rehearsals, though often both are at a rehearsal together.
- One or two rehearsals may be lead by a guest each season.
- Rehearsals begin with the orchestra learning a new tune by ear through playing it slowly for many repetitions. A recording and sheet music are added to the website after the rehearsal.
- Fall 2018 season begins Thursday, September 6 – early-bird sign-up ends August 9
Fall 2018 Season
- Every Thursday 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- September 6 – November 15